Skip to main content
This blog has moved to its homepage: https://sassafrasstore.com/blog/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day Activities for the Family

What are your thoughts on Valentine’s Day?  While I do love going on dates with my husband, I actually don’t look at Valentine’s Day as a day for him and I. I don’t mean to be a big bummer, but I tend to view this holiday as a bit of a commercialized day. I like to date my husband throughout the year and I tell him I love him multiple times each and every day. That’s why I choose to make Valentine’s Day a day for the family. We love spending time together and while, like my husband, I tell them every day that I love them, but I do like the idea of an entire day that celebrates our family’s love for one another.  While I do love spending time with the whole family on Valentine’s Day, I do not like taking the family out to dinner on February 14th. Truth be told, I don’t really even like going out to eat with my husband on that day: restaurants are far too busy on Valentine’s Day to make a dinner out with kids much fun at all. Your wait will likely be incredibly...
Did you know that there is a National Pizza Day? With the popularity of pizza, it is no suprise that there is. I mean, I'm all about celebrating pizza, aren't you? So that is exactly what we are going to do on February 9th, National Pizza Day.  How about we celebrate this glorious day by learning a little bit more about this globally popular food? The History of Pizza The first food known as pizza was made by bakers in Naples in the mid-1600s.  Pizza was originally prepared for and sold to poverty stricken Neapolitans who spent much of their time walking along the streets.  This led many “upscale” Italians to look down on the poor and their “disgusting” eating habits. While the first “pizza” was made in the 1600s, there have been similar foods being made since the Neolithic age. These foods often include flatbreads with various toppings and were made throughout the world. In the late 1800s, King Umberto I and Queen Margherita made a visit to Ita...